StudioPress have just launched StudioPress Sites – a hosted, all-in-one WordPress website solution powered by the Genesis Framework.
StudioPress Sites is designed to make launching and managing a WordPress website super easy without sacrificing power or flexibility. Being an all-in-one solution means it includes everything you need for a flat monthly fee. It includes hosting, the Genesis framework, 20+ mobile optimized designs, rock solid security, one-click install of included plugins, automatic updates and 24/7 support.
Who is StudioPress Sites For?
StudioPress Sites is ideal for people who want a solid, all-in-one hosted WordPress solution that removes the technology barriers of setting up and managing a website, leaving you free to focus on what’s important – creating great content, growing your audience / traffic and selling.
StudioPress Site can be used for all types of websites and is ideal for bloggers, online magazines, podcasters, affiliate marketers, online stores selling digital downloads or physical products, and membership sites.
What’s Included with StudioPress Sites?
- Genesis Framework – The Genesis Framework is the foundation of StudioPress Sites. Genesis is probably the leading commercial theme framework for WordPress and has search engine optimized code, airtight security, instant updates, customizable widget and layout options, and a huge developer community.
- 20 Mobile Optimized HTML5 Designs – you get access to 20 of the most popular Genesis themes that have mobile optimized HTML5 deigns. You can customize the included themes by tweaking the CSS or switch to a custom Genesis child theme.
- Fast, WordPress Optimized Hosting – you get fast and optimized hosting that’s optimized for WordPress. It scales to handle traffic spikes so you wont have to worry about your site crashing from big traffic.
- Security & Monitoring – Beyond the security features built into Genesis itself StudioPress Sites architecture is also designed to maximise security and performance and includes intrusion prevention, continuous scanning and monitoring for malware, distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection, and more
- Automatic WordPress and Genesis Updates – StudioPress automatically updates your WordPress software and Genesis when new versions are available. You can opt out of the automatic updates if you want.
- One Click Install of Included Plugins – StudioPress Sites comes with a repository of included plugins for enhanced functionality that can be installed on one click. The plugins included at launch include: WooCommerce, Design Palette Pro, AMP, Beaver Builder Lite, OptinMonster, AffiliateWP, Soliloquy Lite, Easy Digital Downloads, Restrict Content Pro, Ninja Forms, WPForms Lite, with more to come. You can also use other plugins including the thousands of plugins available in the WordPress.org plugin directory.
- 24/7 Support – StudioPress Sites has been designed for integrated ease of use, but if something goes wrong there is a friendly support team standing by 24/7.
How Much Does A StudioPress Site Cost?
StudioPress Sites currently have 2 plans – Content and Commerce.
The Content plan is for personal or small business websites and costs $27 per month.
The Commerce plan is designed for larger websites, businesses, ecommerce and membership sites and costs $37 per month. Both plans are a bit cheaper if you pay annually.
Should I Use StudioPress Sites?
The big question is should you use StudioPress Sites?
If you’re a beginner at building websites, your new to WordPress, or if you’re the type of person who doesn’t want to be bothered with the technical aspects of running a website and just want everything to work so you can focus on creating content, getting traffic, and selling, then StudioPress Sites may be the solution for you. StudioPress is a reputable brand that has been creating high quality products for ages now so it’s certainly worth checking out.
On the other hand if you’re the type of person who likes to experiment and tinker with your WordPress site and you want total control and freedom to change themes, hosting etc. later on, then StudioPress Sites might not be for you.
You have to keep in mind that StudioPress Sites is powered by the Genesis Framework so you are limited to using Genesis child themes. You’re able to install your own third party Genesis child theme if you want and customize it in the theme editor or via FTP. However you wont be able to use any of the thousands of free WordPress themes available in the WordPress.org theme directory or other premium themes from other developers or marketplaces. So in that respect you are limited for choice with themes.
Also it’s not clear (at the moment anyway) if its possible to move or export your StudioPress Site to a self hosted arrangement in the future should you wish. So before deciding to use StudioPress Sites you should also check that out.
To sum up, StudioPress Sites are not for everyone. If you want an easy to use, rock solid, all-in-one solution that removes the technological barriers of setting and managing a WordPress website so you can just get on with creating content and selling, then StudioPress Sites is certainly worth considering. On the other hand if you want more flexibility, freedom and control over your own website check out the excellent Genesis Framework and child themes you can purchase individually at StudioPress.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.8 stars
4.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating