Runway is a clean, minimal and fashionable WordPress theme that runs on the Genesis Framework. The attractive premium theme is inspired by Pinterest and fashion bloggers but it has a versatile design making it suitable for a wide variety of different websites.
The theme is mobile ready with a responsive design that automatically adapts to work nicely on all screen sizes and mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads. It comes with 8 different colour options to choose from, a sticky navigation menu that stays at the top of the screen as you scroll down the page, a matching pin-it on hover button, 2 layout options, featured images, theme options and more.
Runway is available for purchase in the Community Marketplace section at StudioPress. It is a child theme for the Genesis Theme Framework by StudioPress which you will also need to use this theme.
The Genesis Framework
Genesis is a highly optimized, flexible and secure WordPress theme framework with convenient layout, design and SEO options. Genesis has clean, optimized code and design architecture to ensure your website and content is search optimized, and your site and content rank higher in the search engines. Genesis also gives you unlimited everything. Unlimited support, updates and domains you can built on makes for unparalleled value. Genesis follows all WordPress security best practice and is audited by the WordPress Lead Developer to ensure it has the best security possible. Genesis also makes it easy to customise and manage your site with features such as mix-and-match layout options for individual pages or posts, custom widgets, automatic framework updates, comprehensive theme options panel and more. There are a lot of great turn-key designs (child themes) available for Genesis so you can get a beautiful, professional design cheaply. Also because your site is built on the core Genesis theme and uses child themes you can easily change your design any time without losing anything or hurting your search engine rankings.
Genesis Framework Features
- Automatic Updates – easy upgrade similar to the way that WordPress itself (and plugins) are handled
- 6 Layout Options – selectable site wide or for individual post/page
- Theme Setting Panels – many settings that let you fine-tune the way your site looks
- Custom Hooks (40+) – a hook is a piece of code written into the theme that allows you to attach additional content to the theme itself
- Custom Widgets (MyTweets, User Profile, eNews & Updates, Featured Posts, Featured Pages)
- Import / Export Settings – the Genesis Theme and SEO settings are completely portable, so you can back up, restore, and transfer settings from one install to another
- User Control System – allows admin to turn on/off theme settings, layouts and SEO option availability for users on a per user basis
- Author Box – display per page option
- Register / Unregister Layouts
- Dynamic Text / Image Logo option
- Navigation menu controls
- Drop down navigation menu
- Post Thumbnails
- Custom Widgets
- Search Engine Optimised
- SEO Options (site wide and individual page/post controls)
- Post and Page Tracking/Conversion Code box
- Breadcrumb navigation
- Integrated Blog
- BuddyPress Compatibility
- Developed for Localization
Theme + Genesis Framework: $79.95
Runway Child Theme Only: $24.95
StudioPress offer a large range of professional WordPress themes build on the optimized Genesis Framework. Styles include personal blog, magazine / news, media, photo, video, business / CMS and niche WordPress themes.