Sensei is a simple and flexible learning management WordPress plugin that helps you create online courses within a WordPress website. The premium plugin from WooThemes makes it easy to teach and sell courses with a WordPress website. With the Sensei plugin you can create courses, write lessons, add quizzes, set lesson and course perquisites, allow user registrations and also charge for your course thanks to WooCommerce ecommerce integration.
Sensei works out of the box with your existing WordPress theme or other quality WordPress themes and doesn’t require any modifications to your theme files. All the default styling is provided in the plugin. However the WooThemes Definition theme has been custom designed around this plugin with slick styling if you need. WooThemes also plan on including custom styling for this plugin in other future Woo theme releases.
Using Sensei is as easy as creating a post or page in WordPress, as it’s powered by its own ‘Lessons’ custom post type. You can create courses for any topic you can imagine and then easily add individual lesson to the course all using the standard WordPress editing tools. You can also easily include videos if you wish. Quizzes can be added at the end of each lesson and you can set a required percentage to pass. Sensei allows you to set course and lesson prerequisites. Students have their own personalized course dashboard that displays their progress, lessons completed, resume quizzes and other information. Sensei also provides analytic and reporting facilities for the admin / teacher with an overview of your content, grades, as well as the students who are registered with the site.
Sensei provides user registration options and you can also charge for your courses if you wish. It integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce so you can charge people to join your courses.
- Seamless WordPress Integration – the plugin is designed around the intuitiveness of the WordPress user interface. Comes with default frontend styling that should be compatible with any well-coded WordPress theme
- Easy Content Creation – is as easy as creating a WordPress page or post, with it being powered by its own “Lessons” custom post type. You can create courses, write lessons, then add quizzes to test participants. You can also set up pre-requisites for both courses and lessons
- User Registration – uses the WordPress user registration facility to make signing up for a course really easy. Participants then have access to a dashboard and can track their lesson / course progress.
- Charge for Courses – integrates seamlessly with the WooCommerce ecommerce plugin allowing you to charge for courses.
- Sensei Themes – default styling is provided in the plugin and the Sensei plugin works out of the box with any well coded theme.
- Course Analytics – provides reporting facilities which give you with an overview of your content, grades, as well as the students who are registered with the site
WooThemes have a special introductory offer for a limited time discounting the price to $79.