Genesis is a powerful, highly optimized, flexible and secure WordPress theme framework with convenient in-built layout and design options. However it’s also an excellent responsive WordPress theme for bloggers wanting a clean, minimalist and professional design. The design of Genesis version 2.0 has been completely renewed to make it an awesome responsive blogging or standalone website theme right out of the box.
Genesis has state of the art code and smart design architecture to ensure your website and content is search optimized, and your content ranks higher in the search engines. Genesis 2.0 is now HTML5 ready and has built in support for schema.org mircodata. Genesis uses all standard WordPress functionality so unlike many themes you’re not locked-into a developer’s particular theme system, making it easy to switch to something else later on if you want. Genesis also follows all WordPress security best practice and is audited by the WordPress Lead Developer to ensure it has the best security possible.
Genesis makes it easy to customise and manage your site with features such as: mix-and-match layout options for individual pages and posts, convenient custom widgets, automatic framework updates, custom menus, custom headers and backgrounds, a comprehensive theme options panel and more.
While Genesis works great as a standard blog WordPress theme it’s also a top quality WordPress framework. StudioPress and other developers have lots of great turn-key designs (child themes) available for Genesis so you can easily change your design if you wish. If you build with the core Genesis theme you can then add child themes to easily change your design any time without losing anything or hurting your search engine rankings.
So in summary the beauty of Genesis 2.0 is it’s a great WordPress theme framework that works just as well as a professional blogging theme.
Genesis Key Features
- Automatic Updates – easy upgrade similar to the way that WordPress itself (and plugins) are handled
- 6 Layout Options – selectable site wide or for individual post/page
- Theme Options – theme options panel with lots of settings that let you fine-tune the way your site looks
- Custom Hooks (40+) – a hook is a piece of code written into the theme that allows you to attach additional content to the theme itself
- Custom Widgets (MyTweets, User Profile, eNews & Updates, Featured Posts, Featured Pages)
- Import / Export Settings – the Genesis Theme and SEO settings are completely portable, so you can back up, restore, and transfer settings from one install to another
- User Control System – allows admin to turn on/off theme settings, layouts and SEO option availability for users on a per user basis
- Author Box – display per page option
- Register / Unregister Layouts
- Dynamic Text / Image Logo option
- Navigation menu controls
- Drop down navigation menu
- Post Thumbnails – uses the WordPress featured image capability
- Custom Widgets – quick and easy way to add powerful functionality to your site without having to know anything about code
- Search Engine Optimised
- SEO Options (site wide and individual page/post controls)
- Post and Page Tracking/Conversion Code box
- Breadcrumb navigation
- Integrated Blog
- Ready for Advertising – just insert your advertising code, like Google Adsense, Azoogle Ads, Clicksor, or any others, into a text widget
- BuddyPress Compatibility
- Developed for Localization
- Lots of great child themes available
StudioPress offer a large range of professional WordPress themes build on the optimized Genesis Framework. Styles include personal blog, magazine / news, media, photo, video, business / CMS and other niche designs